If you never know about green bean almondine recipe, you should try it now. Well, green bean almondine is good for our body. In fact, green vegetables are very important for health as they are rich in fibers. Lack of fibers will cause many diseases, such as constipation, obesity, diabetes, etc.
In this case, green bean almondine is easily digestible and more preferable than other vegetables. It is also good for people who do not really like vegetables. Let’s check the green bean almondine recipe below.
- Green beans (1 lb) or French green beans that have been cut, trimmed, and washed.
- Silvered almonds (2 tablespoons)
- Lemon juice (1 teaspoon) or half of lemons
- 2 garlic cloves
- Melted butter or margarine (2 tablespoons)
- Sufficient pepper
- Sufficient salt
- Boil water until it reaches the boiling temperature.
- Put in the green beans into boiling water and wait for about 2 minutes.
- Drain beans with a strainer and chill them with a bowl of water. After cooled, drain them again.
- Add melted margarine in a sauté pan then add silvered almonds.
- Sauté the margarine and almond mixture in low heat for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Put in garlic cloves and beans into the pan.
- Let green beans cooked enough. Add more almonds and stir them.
- Turn off the heat
- Squeeze half of lemons or pour lemon juice on the top.
- Put in pepper and salt sufficiently for the best taste.
Green beans almondine with garlic is done. If you want to make green beans almondine with bacon, just add a couple slices of bacon which have been crumbled beforehand. Moreover, you can find the ingredients easily. Well, by cooking this green bean almondine recipe, you will get the healthier menu for family.
Photo credit: Tournécooking